Friday, February 21, 2014

¡Hola desde Cusco!

Hello from Cusco! I have to start by saying that I am happy to be here, and so excited for our trip in April! I'm also grateful to Language in Motion at Dartmouth for the grant that has made it possible for me to finalize the trip planning on the ground here - it makes a huge difference and I really think will result in the best fit for our group.

It is a long trip to get here, but once you're here it's easy to relax - it's a unique and picturesque city, and even though the streets make a lot of twists and turns and the traffic is pretty hectic, it's very easy to get around both on foot and by taxi, and there are beautiful views on all sides.


I arrived Thursday afternoon and spent a few hours strolling, taking it easy, and getting my bearings in the city. The altitude is no joke, and coca tea, napping, and going to bed early were all in order. Today (Friday) I met with some of the organizers of our tours and homestays. This is Jesus, from the Amigos Spanish school, who has arranged our homestays, language and cooking classes, and a tour of Cusco where we'll visit a school. He's super friendly and excited about working with us, and I know we're in good hands:


In the next couple of days I'll finalize our itinerary and send it out. I'll probably take a bus to a few of the sites we'll visit in the Sacred Valley in the next couple of days and post more pictures and info here. Send any questions or comments my way through my Rivendell email, and have a good vacation!

Atentamente,

Profesora Rizos

No comments:

Post a Comment