Monday, April 14, 2014

Hola! This is Tali y Quenla! We just got the wifi working at our house... We are having a really great time :)

Yesterday:
For breakfast Quenla had this fish salad stuff as a sandwich and because I couldn't eat fish they gave me granola with yogurt. Everything was good until I noticed an ant crawling around my granola. I helped him out of my bowl and continued eating when I noticed more and more aangs crawling around. It was totally fine and I just picked them out, but it was a very exciting start to our day. Then, Mr. Newsted picked us up and we took a taxi to Andrea and Kaylas' house so we could all go to church. By the time we had gotten everyone together and ready we still had an hour before the service actually started, so we walked around the neighborhood. There was this huge market going on with fruit, cheese, fish, vegetables, meat, flowers, etc. Everything looked AMAZING and Newsted bought some bananas for a sole. Then we went back to church. Quenla is more qualified to talk about church, and she understood a lot more then me becuse the whole service was in Spanish.
Church was really fun but Tali is wrong I did not understand that much. I probably got about 20% maybe...and Newsted said he got even less. There was a family there from Salt Lake and they spoke English with us. There was a Peruvian woman sitting next to me who shared her hymn book with me and we had a short conversation. I thought I was doing okay with my Spanish when I answered something and she started laughing. Oh well, I tried.
After church we went to the plaza de Arma to meet everyone else except Ms. Rizos and Olivia (who  unfortunately got sick and had to visit the doctor) and we had lunch at this kinda fancy restaurant which had an awesome bathroom. Glen (Alex) tried alpaca, Quenla got the Peruvian version of chicken noodle soup, and I got quinoa salad.
After lunch we went off in small groups and shopped around. We got some really awesome stuff (but won't say what because most of it was gifts.) Then we met back up and hiked to the Cristo Blanco  like the one in Brazil but smaller.  On the way up we passed a bunch of llamas, so we had to keep stopping to take pictures. The view from the top was spectacular.
After we got to the bottom, we saw the famous 12 sided stone, which one guy said was more famous than Michel Jackson...  We did some more shopping and everyone got these insanely cool Peruvian shirts. By then it was almost 6:00 so we had to head home.
That's pretty much it.
Here are some random pictures of the day.
Adios!
Tali y Quenla

Okay, so we are having some picture problems. We can only really post two...












































































No comments:

Post a Comment